When you’re upgrading your shower enclosure, deciding on the design of your glass shower door is an important decision.
Will you go with a frameless, framed, or semi-framed shower door? There’s a lot to consider – from what overall design you want to functionality.
Today, you’ll learn 4 pros and cons of frameless shower doors.
Pros of Frameless Shower Doors
- Minimalist Design – If you’re looking for a clean, modern, and sleek design, then frameless shower doors are the way to go.
- Customizable – With frameless shower doors, you aren’t as limited to standard sizing as with framed and semi-framed shower doors. These glass shower doors can be made to fit your needs.
- Easy to Clean – One of the best parts of frameless shower doors is that it minimizes the amount of moisture build up, mold, and bacteria that can grow in framed shower doors. Frameless shower doors make cleaning easier, because there’s nothing obstructing you from cleaning the edges.
- Spacious – Frameless shower doors create the illusion of more space. With framed doors, the frames have a tendency to interrupt the room’s flow and line of sight. On the other hand, with frameless shower doors there’s a feeling of openness and freshness, making your bathroom look larger.
Cons of Frameless Shower Doors
- Requires Sturdier Glass – For frameless shower doors to be able to stand on their own, the shower glass is usually heavier and thicker. As a side note, this also raises the price slightly.
- Leaks – With frameless shower doors, there’s nothing in the gaps and crevices to stop water from leaking. To avoid leaks, all you need to do is place the shower head correctly (opposite from the entrance).
- Gaps – Similarly, there could be gaps if your glass shower door is not made by the best glass experts. The glass has to be cut perfectly in order to avoid gaps.
- Not a DIY Project – Installation of frameless shower doors is best left to the professionals. This is not a project you want to DIY. Frameless glass is heavier and requires more specialty knowledge to install, so be sure to contact glass experts for installation.
Overall, frameless shower doors a great choice for your glass shower doors. They have a clean, sleek look and are completely customizable depending on your needs. Just be prepared to research the glass experts you have working on it, so you get the best quality product.
Do you live in the Dallas, TX area? If so, we would love to help you find the right glass shower door for you! Call us at (214) 821-2886 to get started.
Alamo Glass and Mirror is a full service residential and commercial glass company. We have an extensive inventory of glass and glass related products.
© Alamo Glass & Mirror Company
Residential & Commercial Glass Products & Services in Dallas, TX
Award Winning Service Since 1943. Call for a Free Quote Today – (214) 821-2886